Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Less than Adventuresome

Hello Bloggers, I am welcoming myself into the world of blogging.  Many people have told me that I should start a blog, so for awhile I have toyed with the idea of starting one.  Only problem is: I have no idea how this works.  Or what the heck to write about.  So I'm just going to be rambling on and on about pretty much anything that pops into my head. 

Today, I realized that I am prone to being less than adventuresome.  I have no sense of adventure whatsoever.  Why is this, I wonder.  I was talking with a friend today, and she mentioned that she wanted to go camping.  My immediate thought was, "Wow.  My idea of camping is in the hotel across the street from the campground!"  I sometimes think that skydiving, climbing a huge mountain, traveling around the world in 80 days, trying to figure out time travel, being stuck on a magical island running for my life away from mysterious people that I would call "The Others" -- (ok, maybe not that one so much) -- would be so fun! But then I get real for a microsecond and say to myself, "Please Katie, you wouldn't do any of that if someone paid you a bazillion dollars!" It's just not my personality.

Why is it do you think, that people get scared of doing something incredible for once in their lives?  I know I get scared A LOT!  The craziest thing I've ever done was write my name in wet cement.  (I  thought I would get in serious trouble if I got caught. Baby steps...)  Who cares what other people think?  Life is about living it to the fullest and making every single second count.  God wants us to enjoy this life (within His guidelines, which He clearly writes out for us in the Bible).  Yes, it can be scary, and no I have not grasped that concept yet.  But He does not want us to live in fear, or hold back all that we can do for this world because of that fear.  I once heard of a guy who hitchhiked from Tennessee to Colorado by himself.  What?!  I would never do that.  In fact, I know I would get lost, starve, and then die.  I know I would not enjoy that at all.  But that was his adventure, and he glorified God throughout the whole thing.  He made memories that would last forever. 

I dare you to live your life to the fullest.  God does not want us to live in fear, but to live for Him and do wonderful things in His name.  You can do crazy fun things and still proclaim the Gospel of Christ to those who need to hear it.  Look at Tim Tebow.  He is the ultimate example.  He pursued his dream, achieved it and now continually gives all the glory to the Lord.  Think about how many people he has impacted because of not being afraid and constantly being on an adventure.  Now don't get all crazy on me, but learn to live a little outside your comfort zone.  I need to.  Who knows, maybe I'll finally grasp this concept and my adventure will be achieving my little girl dream of impacting the world by being a part of Disney's creative team!  (Hey, a girl can dream...)

Tell me about your crazy adventures, either that you had, or that you would like to do.  Life is short.  Go for your dreams and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it.  You can do all things through Christ you strengthens you! 





1 comment:

  1. You are my new hero! I LOVED this! Can't wait to see where you take this! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete